Our mission is to generate and assist in the creation of employment opportunities in the City and County of Peterborough.
We accomplish this mission primarily by supporting small business development through flexible financing and business counselling services.
Who We Are
The Peterborough Community Futures Development Corporation (CFDC) is a provincially incorporated, federally funded lending agency whose mandate includes:
- Access to Capital
- Strategic Community Planning & Development
- Economic Development
- Business Consulting and Planning
The Peterborough CFDC has been helping small business in the City and County of Peterborough since September, 1985.
The Peterborough CFDC has:
- Invested $20 million in small business enterprises assisting over 639 businesses
- Created or maintained more than 2,600 jobs
We are committed to economic development in the Greater Peterborough area and work closely with:
- The GPA EDC
- Local Banks
- Local Lawyers & Accountants
- Business Development Bank of Canada
- Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce
Assisting small business in Peterborough County since 1985.